Hawkeye plug-in for Cinema 4D is a tool that creates multiple different composition guides. If Cinema 4D's default composition helpers are not enough for you, this plug-in will give you many more options.
All Hawkeye guides are spline objects! Completely rewritten plug-in (10.09.2023). Now all guides are drawn straight in to the viewport. There's multiple benefits using this method, like opacity, fill etc.
Latest version: v1.4.1
Changes in v1.4.1 version:
- Cinema 4D 2024 support
- Added aspect ratio presets
- Border boundaries tweaked
- Option to set custom guides in pixels or percentages
- Many different composition helpers
- Crosshair, cross, diagonal cross
- Rule of thirds, golden section
- Dynamic symmetry
- Different diagonals
- Harmonious triangles
- Basic shapes A, V, diamond
- Grid lines (horizontal and vertical separated)
- Supports also editor camera
- Option to restrict guides to linked cameras
- Four (4) customizable safe guides
- Four (4) customizable custom area guides
- Four (4) customizable custom line guides
- Option to use custom aspect ratio and scale
Place Variable Tokens plug-in to Cinema 4D's plug-ins folder. Default paths are:
Win: "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Cinema 4D R[VERSION]\plugins\"
Mac: "/Users/[USER]/Library/Preferences/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R[VERSION]/plugins"
How to use:
- Insert Hawkeye object into the document (Extensions -> Hawkeye)
- Plug-in opens with default settings. Modify the settings as you want
This is a perpetual license that includes free updates forever!
- If you want that Hawkeye object is not selectable in viewport, add Interaction Tag to it and tick Disable Viewport Selection checkbox
Perpetual license for Hawkeye plug-in for Cinema 4D